Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 10th June 2019 at the Community Centre
Councillors John Ll Griffiths(Chairman), Caryl Haf Jones (Vice-Chair), Rhodri Evans, Eirwen James, Emmanuel Kincaid, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones.
Also present was PCSO John Evans.
Councillor Enfys H. Davies and Cllr Lynet Pugh apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Mared Lloyd-Jones on being Deputy Ambassador for the Ceredigion Y.F.C. Congratulations was also given to recital group from Tregaron school for winning in the Urdd National Eisteddfod they were taught by Cllr Enfys H Davies. Also John and Menna Griffiths attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace.
Congratulations was given to Ser Dewi on winning the South Cards Cup.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 13th May 2019.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
- It was decided that a payment of £50. 00 would be made to Mr Gareth Jones for the Audit for 2108/19.
- Cllr Dafydd Lloyd Jones complained about the letter that was received by the Hall Committee requesting the Financial Audit of the Hall, as most of the Councillors are on the Hall Committee.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. Road at Tyncornel.
d. Ruts on Pont Llanio Road.
e. White lines on junction by Ardwyn and Pont Llanio Hill
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
Defib A/c £ 1,692.00
Pads Bought £ 71.85
Left in Account £ 1,620.15
6.6 Standing Orders
Council resolved to suspend Standing orders 18 (d) (ii),(iii), &(iv).
and Financial regulation 11.1 (d)
To allow submission of application for grant funding before deadline.
7. Financial Report
|Business Res A/c
||£6,367.79 (includes the Defib. a/c)
a. Authorising Payments.
|Cllr E. Kincaid Chairmans allowance
|Hall Committee Phone Bill
| Mr Gareth Jones Audit
b. Paid In
- Income and Expenditure accounts of the Fuel Allotment Charity
- A letter from Ceredigion National Eisteddfod for two representatives to attend the Proclamation Ceremony.
- Request regarding the Cambrian Mountains discovery map . Would the Council be interested second print themed on the Year of the Great Outdoors 2020.
Cllr Rhodri Evans attended a meeting regarding the swimming pool at Tregaron. Consultation is out now.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council were informed that Llangeitho and Llanddewi brefi remain in the same Ward. Cllr Peter Davies is the new Chair of Ceredigion County Council and Cllr Gareth Davies is Vice-chair .
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The Council have been in discussion with B.T. for the Hall Phone and Broadband in regarding taking over the line.
Hall Committee will speak to CAVO regarding getting a lease for the Football pitch for Ser Dewi.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Nothing to report.
Clear Soil in Cemetery.
14 Eisteddfod 2020
An invite to the Proclamation Ceremony.
15. New Policy
Will be sorted in the future.
16. Any other matter
- Bush needs cutting back at 2 Heol y Gorwydd..
- Energy workshop 2-7 in the village hall on 18th June..
- The Council will have to sign the licence for cutting the trees down behind the Hall.
17. Flood resilience Group
It was decided that the Chair, Vice-chair, Emmanuel Kincaid and Eirwen James be on the committee group.
18. Date of next meeting 8th July 2019
19. A special meeting regarding the Grant for Ser Dewi was held at the Community Centre on Monday 24th June 2019
Present: Councillor John Ll Griffiths,(Chair), Caryl H Jones(Vice-chair), Rhodri Evans, Emmanuel Kincaid, Lynet Pugh, Enfys H Davies, Eirwen James, Beth Anthony, Dafydd Lloyd Jones.
2. To apply for Grant for Ser Dewi
The Council agreed to apply for a 100% Grant Funding for Ser Dewi through Sport Wales Place for Sport Fund.
The application had to be in by Friday 28th June with 3 tenders for the work.
The Grant is needed for improvement to the changing facilities and referee room.
It was proposed as a motion and all Councillors were unanimous .