Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 14th October 2019 at the Community Centre
Councillors John Ll Griffiths(Chairman), Rhodri Evans, Eirwen James, Emmanuel Kincaid, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones.
Councillors Caryl Jones, Cllr Beth Anthony, Lynet Pugh, Enfys H Davies and Maureen Davies Clerk, apologised for their inability to attend.
Deepest sympathy was extended to Maureen Davies on her loss. Flowers were donated by members of the Community Council.
Congratulations to Caryl Haf on being appointed Vice-Chairman of Wales Y.F.C.
3. Declaration of Interest
As they arise.
Due to personal circumstances, the Clerk was unable to present the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 9th September 2019.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
- Grit Bins. CCF. Lorry will pick the grit bins up and take to Caryl’s shed. The Council will buy grit from TTS in bulk bags. It has been allocated in the budget. They will be placed by the Pound Garden and the corner of the Vicarage field, and one by Ystrad Dewi entrance.
- White lines in the pipeline. Work in progress by the two cottages next to the New Inn, pavement lip is raised.
- To alleviate the problems of water by Castell Villa and Llys Alaw the Council need to place a camera down the pipe.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road. Divert surface water towards stream.
c. White lines on junction by Ardwyn and Pont Llanio Hill
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
c. Triangular Sign showing junction by Tymawr entrance.
a. Minutes not posted. Audit Commission do check.
6.4 The Pound Garden
a. Grit Bin placed there.
Defib A/c £ 1,692.00
Pads Bought £ 71.85
Left in Account £ 1,620.15
6.6 Standing Orders
7. Financial Report
No financial report due to bereavement circumstances.
a. Authorising Payments.
|Cambrian Power Tools
| Y.F.C. Donation towards fireworks
b. Paid In
|Mr. G Price Burial and plot Marc Lake
- A letter of thanks from the Ras Gwyl Dewi for their ongoing support of the annual Race. This year they have received funding from Community Foundation Wales towards the running cost for March 2020.
- A request for a donation from the Y.F. C towards the cost Health and Safety on Firework night.. The Council donated £300.00
One Voice Wales members interest advised that we keep a register of declaration of interest on the Website.
Consultation re change to Community Council power of competenc e.g.increase the amount of donations.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council were informed that the Boundaries consultation has come to an end. Llanddewi not changing. Remains part of Llangeitho. Part of Pontrhydfendigiaid , Bont Isglawdd join Tregaron .
Lampeter go down to 1 Councillor.
Cardigan go down from 3 to 2.
One ward disappears.
A review of Polling Stations
Budget next month.
Planning application No A190731 for Esgair Garn No objection.
Planning Application No A190744 New Forestry Road Bryn Du Fach – Prior approval Improving infrastructure. Permitted development Till Hill 600m 4m wide. No objections.
c. Play equiupment Grant Funding inspection report £100. 00. The Council signed the paperwork from Ceredigion County Council.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
Trees have been cut.
There is a Heating Grant available.
Volunteers will be painting the Hall at the weekend.
Christmas Fair the same day as Llanerchaeron .
Outside light –sensor.
Keys for Back door.
Trust House foundation scheme £7.500 -50K x3 -2,500-7,500. Phase application
Rolling programme .
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Eisteddfod 22nd -23 rd October.
Planning measured and drawings in progress to place the School Bell on the square.
Nothing to report.
14 Eisteddfod 2020
Darts night was held. 34 competitors on the night. Various money coming in from the area Target is nearing.
15. New Policy
16. Any other matter
a) Tent is available for Hire from the Hall,The Community owns it Ysgol Feithryn Grant.
b) Bus shelter –Porch of shop- it’s an open booth.
c) Sign for Ash Street no Dumping/Flytipping.
d) Poster for lights competition
e) Footpath by Bronberllan Dropped tree but is passable. John to look into tree further down and B.T. Cable.
f) Ask Richard Elliot for 18 foot Christmas tree or a donation.
17. Flood resilience Group
Highways meeting agreed.
18. Date of next meeting 11th November 2019