Cofnodion – Cyngor Cymuned Llanddewi Brefi – 08/11/2021

PDF Lawrlwytho PDF

902

Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 8th November 2021. Draft minutes are published in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021, and are subject to approval at the next ordinary meeting of the Community Council.

Present:-
Councillors: Eirwen James (Chair), Caryl H Jones (Vice Chair), Emmanuel Kincaid, Enfys Hatcher Davies, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Rhodri Evans, John Ll Griffiths, Beth Anthony and Pat Parry (on Zoom).
Minutes taken by EHD.

1. Apologies:-
Apologies were received from Lynet Pugh.

2. Personal Matters.
– Wishing Sion Gwilym a speedy recovery.
– The fireworks were a success and thanks were given to the YFC for holding the event.
– Councillors were also grateful to Lewis Cutter, TTS Tregaron, for filling the pot holes in the entrance of the hall car park. (Chair to write a letter of thanks.)

3. Declaration of Interest
None

4. To confirm the minutes of the meetings held on October 11th & 25th, 2021.
Council authorised the Chair to sign the minutes of the Community Council meetings held on:
11th October 2021 – Proposed: Dafydd Lloyd-Jones. Seconded: Rhodri Evans.
25th October 2021 – Proposed: John Griffiths. Seconded: Dafydd Lloyd-Jones.

5. Matters arising from the minutes.
11th October 2021:
Item 6: RhE has spoken to one potential applicant, but they would only be able to consider providing cover for the Clerk’s position on a temporary basis.
Item 8: Repainting of defibrillator cabinet is ongoing, waiting for dry weather. The defibrillator has also had new pads and is registered on ‘The Circuit’. Councillors responsible for checking defib: Dec-John, Jan-Rhodri, Feb-Beth, March-Pat.

903

Item 13: Councillors met in the recreational park (3/11/2021) to discuss the RoSPA report.
Item 14: Christmas lights competition – names to be entered on a list in Siop Brefi. Richard Elliot has kindly agreed to provide a tree again this year, and will arrange this with JG.
Item 18: Foelallt Arms will continue to supply electricity for the defibrillator cabinet.
25th October 2021:
Item 4: MK advised that appointment of a councillor as Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) should be subject to a risk assessment, but that the training and experience noted in the minutes could demonstrate how the risk of competency had been mitigated.
Item 7: Electoral Services need to be notified regarding the co-option of our new member, Pat Parry.

6. Discuss the re-advertising of the clerk’s post.
It was decided to re-advertise the post again and send the advert to the clerks of neighbouring Community Councils; Tregaron, Llangybi, Llangeitho, Ffarmers. EJ to send the job description to MK.
It was agreed that the successful candidate would be asked to attend One Voice Wales training sessions on Law, Local Government Finance, and the Council’s role as Employer.
The advertisement is to be posted on the community website, shared on social media, and in Siop Brefi and The New Inn. Closing date for applications – 6/12/2021.

7. Financial report.
Calculated overall balance of accounts, based on entries since last statement issue: – £10,420.46. A bank reconciliation report will be presented at the next meeting.

  • Bank mandate – Signatories need updating.
  • Financial Risk Assessment is required, to comply with The Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 Regulation 5. MK presented a draft, based on a document provided by One Voice Wales. Everyone to look at the example and comment before the next meeting. RFO to ensure that all expenditure is within legal powers.
  • Asset Register is needed for capital items with a value over £100, and a useful life of more than 5 years. Everyone to look at the draft to be issued and comment before the next meeting.
  • Member’s Allowances and expenses – Under the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011 individuals who have accepted office as a member of a community or town council are entitled to receive payments as determined by the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales (IRPW). In accordance with IRPW Determination 42: All community and town councils must make available a payment to each of their members of £150 per year as a contribution to costs and expenses. The payment of £150 is mandated for every member unless they advise the appropriate officer that they do not want to take it in writing.

904

a) The following payments were authorised:
i) Zoom subscription (Sep-Nov 2021) (Local Government Act 1972, s.111) – £43.17
ii) Defibrillator – replacement pads (Public Health Act 1936, s234) – £86.40
iii) BT Direct Debit – Hall broadband and telephone (Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 s.19) – £47.94
iv) Christmas lights – replacement power supply (TME Electrical) (Local Government Act 1972, s.144) – £179.40
v) RBL Poppy Appeal – wreaths (Local Government Act 1972, s.137) – £315.00 (includes £290 disbursements on behalf of local organizations and groups)

b) Consider initial budget proposals for 2022-2023 and comment before final budget proposals are agreed in December, 2021.
– MK to present a draft in the December meeting to discuss prior to agreeing proposals in January.
– It was decided to bring the grass cutting tender back to December.
– A decision needs to be made in the December meeting regarding the school bell.

8. Correspondence
a) Letter received from Cyngor Sir Ceredigion relating to the Ceredigion Electoral arrangements from May 2022 and changes regarding County Council Electoral Ward. There is no change to the Llangeitho ward which includes the Communities of Llanddewi Brefii and Llangeitho.
b) Letter from Dyfed-Powys Police and Crime Commissioner, Dafydd Llywelyn, regarding his ongoing public consultation on policing priorities and the Police Precept level. Links to the survey to be put on the website.
c) Letter from Ceredigion’s Planning Policy Manager regarding the temporary suspension of the programme for the replacement LDP, due to the current issues regarding phosphate levels in riverine Special Areas of Conservation.
d) An email was received requesting information about the clerk job.
e) Renewed certificate of registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) received –
f) Data protection officer responsibility to be discussed in December.
g) A letter of thanks was received from the YFC for the Community Council’s contribution towards the fireworks display.

905

9. Reports
None.

10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
RhE gave an update on current issues regarding phosphate discharge and Special Areas of Conservation. The County Council are looking at the budget at the moment with the final draft to be presented in March.
a) Planning
Approval of the following applications was noted:
i. A210245 – Ty’n Cornel; Approved Subject to Conditions/ Caniatawyd gydag Amodau
For information only (notification only received 08/11/2021):
ii. A210950 – Land adj. to Bethlehem Chapel; temporary siting of a caravan for habitation whilst building a dwelling

11. Short Report on the hall and recreational ground:
Plan of action has been put in place to address the recommendations of the latest RoSPA report.
A complaint has been received noting that the grounds around the hall need clearing.

12. Christmas Lights Competition and Festive arrangements.
– Previous year’s winners to judge the Christmas light competition. Names to be collected by the 17th of December and the winners to be announced on the 20th during the village carols on the square. (6pm start)
– Caryl to sort mince pies and Enfys to ask The New Inn about mulled wine.
– Santa to visit. Enfys to ask Tregaron Town Council if we could borrow the sleigh.
– Rhodri to check rules regarding door to door collections by carol singers this year.
– MK to sort out the timer for the tree lights.
– Council Dinner – booked at The Moody Cow. Menus to be forwarded by email.

13. Ysgol Henry Richard
– Christmas Fair to be held outside at the school on 9th of December at 6.30.
– Councillors hoped that a school event could be held in the village again after COVID has passed. A monthly report from the school on matters relevant to the community would be welcomed.

14. Cemetery and Remembrance Sunday.
– Wreaths have been organised – local organisations to reimburse the Community Council for donations made to the RBL Poppy Appeal on their behalf.

906

– A service is to be held in Capel Bethesda before the service at the war memorial in the cemetery before 11am. The communion in the chapel is optional.
– The councillors to meet to help with the weeding, brushing and cutting at the cemetery on Friday 12th November at 10am.

15. Seats and Benches – maintenance.
Members decided not to move the benches until after Sunday.

16. Any Other Matter
a) It was proposed that the whole community could be invited to get together to clean outside the community centre.
b) The childcare sufficiency questionnaire has been returned on behalf of the council.
c) The matter about lorries travelling through the village at high speed and without the logs being strapped securely was noted again. It was noted that the lorries observed were from Danny Williams and the number plates have been noted. MK to forward our previous letter to Danny Williams on the matter to EJ and RhE for information. Council resolved to send a letter to the police and Dafydd Llywelyn (Dyfed-Powys Police and Crime Commissioner).
d) A spillage of oil has been noted on roads in the village.
e) The blockage resulting in flooding issue near Ysgoldy Gogoyan has been resolved, but ongoing concerns were noted.
f) The holes in the tarmac near Pistyll Gwyn are getting worse. RhE to chase.
g) The road near Foelallt Farm is deteriorating and is in a very bad condition. RhE advised that the work on this road is due to be done in the next financial year.
h) During the heavy rainfall, the road near the vicarage was flooded.
i) It was noted that roads in the area need sweeping.
j) The Cylch Ti a Fi in the village hall will start on Friday.
k) A request has been made for allotment patches. There is no land owned by the Council available for this purpose.
l) A contract of employment is needed for the Burial Clerk.

17. Date of next meeting
13th December 2021.


Cllr Eirwen James

Chair

This page is also available in: English