Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 14th May 2018 at the Community Centre
Councillors Emmanuel Kincaid (Chairman), JohnLl Griffiths (Vice-Chairman) Eirwen James, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Lynet Pugh, Enfys H Davies, Beth Anthony.
Councillor Rhodri Evans, and Cllr Lisa Jones, and Cllr Caryl H Jones apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Enfys and Emyr Davies on the birth of their son Trefor.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Lynet Pugh and seconded by Cllr Dafydd Lloyd Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 9thApril 2018.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. The unsafe tree between Nantdderwen and Abercarfan has been cut down.
2. The stone has been replaced on Pontllanio bridge but its still the wrong stone.
3. Cllr Rhodri Evans was going to inform Ceredigon that the Llanddewi Brefi sign opposite Werndriw is still missing.
We have been informed that the culvert by Abercoed will be replaced soon to avoid any more flooding.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. New Grit Bins
d. Widening of Car Park entrance to be discussed
at this meeting.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Data Protection Act was discussed.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.6 Street Lights
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £ 12,974.57
a. Authorising Payments.
James Memorials laying down of grave stones £ 996.00
Zurich Municipal Insurance £ 338.81
Shaws and Sons Burial Book £ 45.30
b. Paid In
Precept 1st Instalment £2,666.67
Cemetery Grant £2,446.55
1. We were informed regarding the yellow lines by Bronmwyn that the first stage consultation for local council and emergency services would be finishing 29th May 2018. A public consultation will follow in July.
2. The Council received the Annual Income and Expenditure for the Fuel
Allotments Charity for 2017/18.
The Council discussed the New Data Protection Act which comes into force on May the 25th 2018. Further discussion will be held in the near future.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council supported planning application No A180444 for Reinstatement of dwelling with new extension and parking area at Pebyll, Llanddewi Brefi Tregaron.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
1. Councillors received a letter from a family who said their grave kerb had been damaged in the last year. The Council acknowledged their letter regarding this and they would look into the matter in due course and they will inform them once the Councillors have been to see the grave.
2. The Council have been in touch with CADW regarding the grant for the War Memorial. They will inform us in due course.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council were informed that there is graffiti on the sign at Hyfrydle.
Date of next meeting 11th June 2018
This page is also available in: English