Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 13th May 2019 at the Community Centre
Councillors John Ll Griffiths(Chairman), Caryl Haf Jones (Vice-Chair), Rhodri Evans, Eirwen James, Enfys H. Davies, Emmanuel Kincaid, Lynet Pugh.
Councillor Dafydd Lloyd-Jones ,Cllr Lisa Jones, and Cllr Beth Anthony apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council congratulated themselves on winning the Talent Competition which was held to raise money for the 2020 Eisteddfod. The Council donated the prize back to the Eisteddfod. The Council also hope Steffan Evans will soon be better after breaking his arm. Congratulations was also given to Ser Dewi on their promotion to the 1st division..
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Lynet Pugh the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 8th April 2019.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
- A letter was sent to Mr Danny Williams regarding the safety of the loads on the logging lorries .
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. New Grit Bins.
d. Road at Tyncornel.
e. Ruts on Pont Llanio Road.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
Defib A/c £ 1,692.00
Pads Bought £ 71.85
Left in Account £ 1,620.15
6.6 Standing Orders
Keep going with the One Voice Wales Document.
Chair, Vice- chair, Rhodri Evans, and Emmanuel Kincaid to meet and bring recommendations.
7. Financial Report
|Current Account||£ 100.00|
|Business Res A/c||£9,670.10 (includes the Defib. a/c)|
a. Authorising Payments.
|Beddfeini Hafod Funeral||£ 450.00|
|Zurich Insurance||£ 339.88|
|Edwards (Repair Bus Shelter)||£ 2,959.08|
b. Paid In
|Precept and Grant||£ 4,085 34|
1. A letter from Cllr Lisa Jones tendering her resignation as her circumstances have changed. The Council will inform Ceredigion. A letter of thanks will be sent to Lisa Jones on behalf of the Council.
Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid attended a One Voice Wales meeting at Aberaeron.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council were informed that Ceredigion County Council have been looking at recommendations regarding the Music situation in schools.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
As custodian Trustees of the Hall Committee it is expected to receive yearly audited accounts. Also the Council would like the Phone Bills for the whole year so that the V.A.T. can be claimed back.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Ready Steady Cook was held at the School and it was a big success.
Nothing new to report.
14 Eisteddfod 2020
‘Sgen ti Dalent’ was a very successful night.
15. New Policy
Concerns and Complaints Policy is being looked at by the Councillors
16. Any other matter
- The Plaque by Hyfrydle needs repainting.
- Footpath up by Bronberllan needs trimming . The Council needs to ask Ceredigion County Council for new signs.
- A complaint was received regarding the overgrown grass at the field by Y Ddol. The Council decided to send a letter to the owner Mr. D Benjamin.
17. Flood resilience Group
It was decided that the Chair, Vice-chair, Emmanuel Kincaid and Eirwen James be on the committee group.
18. Date of next meeting 13th May 2019
This page is also available in: English