Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 9th May 2016 at the Community Centre
Councillors Dafydd Lloyd-Jones (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice Chairman) Emmanuel Kincaid, Maria Tofani, Rhodri Evans, John Ll Griffiths, Ann Jones, Gwynne Davies, Caryl Haf Jones.
1. Councillor Mary Pearce apologised for her inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Emyr Lloyd Jones and Ellen on their wedding.
3. Declaration of Interest
Councillors Rhodri Evans declared his interest on a request from Splash and the Tenders and Cllr Caryl Haf Jones for request from Splash Committee for a donation.
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Caryl Haf Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on11th April 2016.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. The Council decided that it was best to stay a member of One Voice Wales after looking into other options.
2. The Council would like to thank the Hall Committee for not charging for the night of the Defibrillator launching.
A number of drainage issues were referred to Ceredigion Highways through Cllr Rhodri Evans following a number of complaints received.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
There will be a Defibrillator page under amenities on the Website.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
a. The Council will now be placing Car park signs at appropriate places.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.5 Standing Orders.
Standing Orders have been adopted by the Council.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
Awaiting amendments to new financial regulations.
The Council decided that the Chairman and Vice-Chair should always be on the Steering Committee. An email ￼￼￼￼￼￼was sent to Gerard Rothwell to thank him for an enjoyable evening. Also a letter of thanks to Dr Sion James for his help.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 87.12
Business Res A/c £11,940.05
a. Authorising Payments.
Compass Office Supplies £ 50.75
Beddfeini Hafod Burials £1,800.00
E Kincaid (K. J.Signs) £ 79.76
Maria Tofani (Chair’s allowance) £ 50.00
One Voice Wales Membership £ 94.00
b. Paid In
Projector Refund £ 20.00
Mr G Price Funeral Undertakers £ 490.00
Mr Inken Funeral Undertakers £ 490.00
b. Paid In
In Memory of Sally Rees donation (Defibrillator) £ 772.00
Fuel allotments donation Defibrillator £ 100.00
Precept Payment £8,000.00
Grants for Cemetery £3,207.00
1. A request for a donation from Splash Committee Y.FC. Cllr Caryl Haf Jones and Cllr Rhodri Evans declared their interest.
2. A quotation from Zurich Insurance for Council Policy.
3. A notification on consultation to changes of speed limits on country roads.
4. Notification of precept payments and grants.
1. Several Councillors attended the launching of Hospice in the Home in the Tregaron area by Dr Axford and his team.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
An invitation was given to the Chairman to attend the Annual General Meeting at Ceredigion County Council.
No 160327 is for Re instatement of abandoned dwelling at Allt Ddu Pont Llanio. The Council supported this.
No A160270 is for demolition of single storey annex and porch and construction of a 2 storey rear extension at Tynllwyn Llanddewi Brefi. There were no objections.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee.
The Council were informed that the kitchen and showers are still going to be upgraded. The Hall Committee are going to have a Carnival and Fun day on July 9th.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
1. Two Tender were received for the Cemetery grass cutting. The Council decided to go with Dyfed Gardening Services.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council have decided to paint the seats located in different areas in the village.
2. The Council were informed that there were trees in the river by Pont Llanio which had fallen during a storm have now been cleared.
Date of next meeting 13th June 2016
This page is also available in: English