Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 14th March 2016 at the Community Centre
Councillors Maria Tofani (Chairman), Dafydd Lloyd-Jones (Vice Chairman) Emanuel Kincaid, Eirwen James, Rhodri Evans, Mary Pearce, Gwynne Davies, Ann Jones, John Ll Griffiths.
The Council sent Mr R Evans a sympathy card on the passing away of Mrs Beryl Evans, also they sympathised with Maureen Davies on the loss of her brother in law.
3. Declaration of Interest
Cllr Mary Pearce and Emmanuel Kincaid declared their interest regarding request for financial assistance for Ras Gwyl Dewi.
On the proposition of Councillor Ann Jones and seconded by Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on11th January 2016.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. There was one name that applied for the Vacant seat the Council passed to accept and co-opt Mrs Caryl Haf Jones.
2. The Council have purchased a defibrillator and cabinet at a cost of £745. Donations to date are £220 00 from Mr. Calvin Davies Foelallt in Memory of Mrs Shirley Davies.
A number of drainage issues were referred to Ceredigion Highways through Cllr Rhodri Evans following a number of complaints received.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Road by Bethesda Chapel to Bear House
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
The Website is up and running The Councilwould like to thank Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid and Cllr Eirwen James for doing such a good job on the Website.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
1. The Council will now be placing Car park signs at appropriate places.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.5 Standing Orders.
Chair will decide what is appropriate for the Council. Still ongoing.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
A new project and commitment cost and financial project has been made for 2016/17.
It was decided to ask other organisations in the Village for one Member from their committee to go on a steering committee for the upkeep and administration of the Defibrillator. Donations so far £150 in memory of Mrs Shirley Davies and £70 raffle from the Foelallt.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £ 57.41
a. Authorising Payments.
Whilen y porthmyn £ 30.00
Ras Gwyl Dewi Donation £ 100.00
b. Paid In
Mr T.E. Jones Burials £ 900.00
Defibrillator Donation £ 220.00
Burial of Ashes £ 50.00
1. A request for a donation Ras Gwyl Dewi. The Council donated £100.
2. A renewal for Membership One Voice Wales. It was decided that Chair would look for another option.
1. Cllr Mary Pearce reported on the Sarn Helen 50+ Forum. It has been decided to finish with it. It was decided to split the assets between Clwb Ffrindiau Llanddewi Brefi and Tregaron Lunch Club.
2. The Council were informed that Cylch Caron Meetings keep getting postponed or cancelled for the last 9 months.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
No A160161 Erection of a single storey extension Blaenplwyf Tregaron.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee.
The Council were informed that the Snooker Club opened on the 11th March.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Short listing for Head Teacher at Ysgol Henry Richard.
It is proposed to introduce a 20 m.p.h. going down on the road by the school.
The Council were informed that a charge of £390 a year would be made to travel on a bus to a post 16 School. Ceredigon had promised free bus travels.
1.We are still having trouble with our mole in the Cemetery. Will ask William Edwards if he can deal with it.
2. It was decided to ask PCSO John Evans if it would be possible to have parking cones when there is a funeral at the Church.
14. Any other matter
14.1 The Council were informed that the footbridge on Felin Path had collapsed.
14.2 The Council were informed that Mr Rob Cutter would tidy up around the site at Cysgod Y Llan.
14.3 The Council were informed that a Memorial for Moc Morgan was placed by Pont Llanio bridge by the Angling Association.
14.4 The Council decided to write to Tregaron Council regarding water on road by Abercoed.
14.5 It was decided that the soil at the Cemetery be removed in the near future.
Date of next meeting 11th April 2016
This page is also available in: English