Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 13th June 2016 at the Community Centre
Councillors Dafydd Lloyd-Jones (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice Chairman) Emmanuel Kincaid, Maria Tofani, Rhodri Evans, John Ll Griffiths, Ann Jones.
1. Councillor Mary Pearce, Cllr Gwynne Davies, and Cllr Caryl Haf Jones apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Cllr Ann Jones on being made Vice Chairman of N.F.W.I., also congratulations are extended to the Y.F.C. in the Ceredigion Rally.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Ann Jones and seconded by Cllr Rhodri Evans the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 9th May 2016.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. The Council decided that Zurich was the best option for Insurance this year.
A number of drainage issues were referred to Ceredigion Highways through Cllr Rhodri Evans following a number of complaints received.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
a. The Council have now be placed the Car park signs at appropriate places.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.5 Standing Orders.
Standing Orders have been adopted by the Council.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
Awaiting amendments to new financial regulations.
Steering Committee held a meeting on 22nd June.
7. Financial Report
The Council agreed that the Annual Return for Audit 2015/16 was correct and the Chair signed the Audit papers.
The documents have to be in to the Auditor by 30th June
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £12,599.27
a. Authorising Payments.
Zurich Insurance £ 324.03
b. Paid In
Wreath £ 20.00
Interest £ 6.95
1. A request for a donation from R.A.B.I. Ceredigion. Will be discussed end of financial year.
2. A letter from One Voice Wales asking for one or two Councillors to represent Llanddewi Brefi Council on their quarterly Area Committee Meetings it was decided that Chair and Vice-Chair would be going.
3. A letter was received from Cllr Mary Pearce tendering her resignation as Cllr Pearce is moving from the area. The Council will inform Ceredigion of our vacant seat.
4. An Email was received from Mr. Douglas North by the Council regarding the state of the Cemetery. The Council did reply to Mr North but we have not heard from him since.
1. Cllr Dafydd Lloyd-Jones attended the installation of Councillor D Mason as chairman of Ceredigion County Council.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
Nothing new to report.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
1. It has been decided that next year we will advertise for Tenders in February.
2. A letter was sent to Dyfed Gardening Services to inform them that we had received complaints and in future if they could cut and clear per area.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council have decided to write to Ceredigion County Council regarding the rubbish left on the road by Llyn y Gwaith.
2. The Council have reported to the Police about the car left in the lay-by on Pont Llanio Road.
3. The Council have decided to meet up on the 21st June to paint the seats at Llwyn Dewi, Cemetery, Lon Garth, and Hyfrydle.
Date of next meeting 11th July 2016
This page is also available in: English