Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 12th October 2020 on Zoom
Councillors John Ll Griffiths(Chairman), Caryl Jones (Vice-Chair) Eirwen James, Emmanuel Kincaid, Lynet Pugh, Rhodri Evans, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Beth Anthony.
Councillor Enfys H. Davies apologised for her inability to attend.
2. Personal Matters.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Dafydd Lloyd-Jones and seconded by Cllr Eirwen James the Council passed the minutes for September 7th 2020.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
- The cost of the Zoom Meetings will be £12.30 +V.A.T for the Council meetings
- The hedges have been trimmed back by the County Council.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road. Divert surface water towards stream.
c. White lines on junction by Ardwyn.
d. Road needs resurfacing between Bear House and Bethesda Chapel.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Regulations need to be looked at.
6.4 The Pound Garden
a. Nothing New
The Defibrillator is registered with national defibrillator network “The Circuit”. Although NHS Ambulance Services already have defibrillator databases for their area – The Circuit will connect them together to provide a single national view
Defib A/c balance £1,460.15
6.6 Standing Orders
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
High Int Acc £5,728.10
a. Authorising Payments.
E.M. Davies salary £ 500.00
Benjamin Grass Cutting £3,235.00
b. Paid In
Wreath £ 25.00
Data Protection Fee renewal Direct Debit Form.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
New Meithrin Building proposed for Tregaron.
b. Planning: None.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The matter of the Council taking over as Trustees was discussed. The Trustees on the Hall Committee need to pass a resolution and amend the constitution to that effect, and submit copies to the Charities Commission. After much discussion it was suggested that the Hall Committee need to have an Extraordinary General Meeting in the near future and bring their response back to the Community Council at the next meeting for discussion. The Council resolved to accept the position of Sole Trustee of the Village Hall Charity in principle, if that is the decision of the existing trustees.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Nothing to report.
It was passed that there will be no Armistice Day service held this year by the War Memorial due to the circumstances. The Chairman of the Council will represent the Village and place a Wreath of poppies at the base of the monument.
14. Any other matter.
- The Council decided to place a Christmas tree as usual on the square beginning of December.
- New grit bin will be bought for Cysgod y Llan
- New Give Way sign needed by Pant Villa and 30 m.p.h limit sign needed on enetering the Village. Councillor Rhodri Evans will look into it.
- New Chevrons by Alltddu.
- The Council were informed that the Footpath from Gwarcoed to Pentre Richard has washed away.
15. Date of next meeting
09th November 2020
This page is also available in: English