Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 12th June 2017 at the Community Centre
Councillors Rhodri Evans (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice-Chairman), Emmanuel Kincaid, John L. Griffiths, Caryl H Jones, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Lisa Jones, Lynet Pugh.
Councillor Lynet Pugh signed her declaration of acceptance of office. We have 1 vacant seat and we have been advised to co-opt to fill the vacant seat.
1. Mrs Enfys Hatcher Davies apologised for her inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Llanddewi Brefi Y.FC. on their success in becoming second in the Y.F.C. Rally for Ceredigion.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Dafydd Lloyd-Jones and seconded by Cllr Caryl Haf Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 15th May 2017. Also on the proposition of Cllr Lisa Jones and Cllr John Griffiths the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of an extraordinary meeting held on 6th of June.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. It was decided that the Chairman would approach one person to fill the vacant seat. All Councillors were in agreement.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
Car left in car park.
6.4 The Pound Garden
Has been tidied up and strimmed.
6.5 Standing Orders.
Amend the Standing order relating to Procurement substitute the amount “£10,000” for “£5,000”in Standing order 18.c. Passed on June 12th at our meeting.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
Amended the Financial Regulation relating to procurement substitute the amount “£10,000” for “£5,000” in Financial Regulation 11.1g Passed on June 12th at our meeting.
A meeting is to be held in July, Maria Tofani will inform the Council the date and time and who are the Members of the committee. Cllr Rhodri Evans checked the defibrillator and the alarm on the door did not work.
7. Financial Report
A balance sheet for the next 3 years was presented to the Council.
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £14,884.72
a. Authorising Payments.
Mrs. M. Davies £400.00
b. Paid In
Western Power Distribution £14.50
1. A financial statement from the Fuel Allotments Committee.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
Miss Bronwen Morgan is retiring in September.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
The Council congratulate Mr Dorian Pugh on his permanent position as Head Teacher at Henry Richard School.
We have been informed that the Welsh Government have approved match funding for the building work and the Cabinet have approved the programme in principle.
1. The Council need to clear the soil by the wall and also the mole needs to be caught.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council were asked if something could be done regarding the tree at Hyfrydle.
2. The Council have been informed that something needs to be done to the Bus stop by Hyfrydle as it is in a mess.
3. A recommendation was made that Emmanuel Kincaid should receive an Honorarium for his work on the Website.
4. The Chairman was to ask Neil and Glesni Driver in the Shop if they would change the notices that go into the Notice board when needed for Council Agenda’s to be displayed, and financial reports.
5. It was decided that the Council would ask Mr Eifion Jones from Ceredigion County Council to clear the Bridle path from Gwarcoed to Tanrallt.
Date of next meeting 10th July 2017
This page is also available in: English