Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 10th October 2016 at the Community Centre
Councillors Dafydd Lloyd-Jones (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice Chairman) Emanuel Kincaid, Maria Tofani, Rhodri Evans, John Ll Griffiths, D.S.Gwynne Davies, Ann Jones, Caryl Haf Jones, Lisa Jones.
1. No Apologies.
No personal matters this month.
3. Declaration of Interest
Councillors Rhodri Evans, Gwynne Davies, Ann Jones and Caryl Haf Jones declared their interest on a request from Llanddewi Brefi Y.F.C for a donation.
On the proposition of Councillor Ann Jones and seconded by Cllr Caryl Haf Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 12th September 2016.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Bethesda Chapel have submitted details to the website.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.5 Standing Orders.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
We have discussed the financial regulations and as a Council are now happy with it.
We have now received a quote from Zurich insurance and have accepted it for this year and next.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 300.00
Business Res A/c £11,642.76
a. Authorising Payments.
Llanddewi Brefi Young Farmers Club donation £350.00
Dyfed Gardening Services Cemetery Grass cutting £1,078.00
British Poppy Appeal (Wreaths) £ 290.00
b. Paid In
Memorial Stone £ 25.00
V.A.T. Refund for 2015/16 £ 257.00
1. A letter from Llanddewi Brefi Y.F.C. requesting a donation towards the fireworks display at Llanddewi Brefi. It was decided to donate £350.00.
2. An invite for the Chair to attend Ysgol Henry Richard school eisteddfod.
1. Cllr Dafydd Lloyd-Jones reported on the meeting he attended at Ceredigion Museum.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council were informed that there is no Welsh Beef or Welsh Lamb on School dinners menu.
Proposed use of outbuildings into 3 residential holiday units at Gorwydd Farm, Llanddewi Brefi. There were no objections.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Meetings with Architects on 11th October.
1. The Council have asked Mr William Edwards to try and catch the mole in the Cemetery.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council have been informed that there is a tree in the river at Pontllanio.
2. The Council decided to place maps of the footpaths with the tenders for next year. And possibly ask for tenders for 2 years will discuss at next meeting.
3. It was decided that the Fox Hounds should display again this year on Boxing Day on the square.
4. The Council were informed that there was standing water by Alltddu bend on the main Tregaron Lampeter road.
5. The Council need to look at sheds that have been erected at Maesyfelin.
6. The Council have been informed that the tree needs cutting on Pontllanio bridge.
7. The usual service for Armistice Day will be held at the Cemetery at 11 o clock on the 13th November. Rev Steven Morgan will be doing the service.
8. The Council have been informed that the track up Soar Y Mynydd is in need of repair. Councillor Rhodri Evans will inform Ceredigion.
Date of next meeting 14th November 2016
This page is also available in: English