Cofnodion – Cyngor Cymuned Llanddewi Brefi – 07/09/2020

PDF Lawrlwytho PDF

860

Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 7th September 2020 on Zoom

Present:-
Councillors John Ll Griffiths(Chairman), Caryl Jones (Vice-Chair)  Eirwen James, Emmanuel Kincaid,  Lynet Pugh, Rhodri Evans, Enfys H Davies, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones.

1. Apologies:- 
Councillor Beth Anthony  apologised for her inability to attend.

2. Personal Matters.
Congratulations was given to Cllr Dafydd Lloyd-Jones and family on the  birth of a grandson. The Council wished a speedy recovery to Mr. John Collins after his operation.

3. Declaration of Interest
None.

4. Minutes
The Council passed the minutes for 9th March.

5. Matters arising from the minutes
None.

6.1 Roads
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road. Divert surface water towards stream.
c. White lines on junction by Ardwyn.
d. Road needs resurfacing between Bear House and Bethesda Chapel.

6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.

6.3 Website
a. Regulations need to be looked at.

6.4 The Pound Garden
a. Nothing New

861

6.5 Defibrillator
Defib A/c  £1,620.15
Battery bought  £ 160.00
Left in Account £1,460.15

6.6 Standing Orders
Nothing new.

7. Financial Report
Current Account  £     90.40
High Int Acc  £6,986.83

a. Authorising Payments.
Defibrillator Battery £ 160.00
Beddfeini Hafod £1,160.00

b. Paid In
Burial Fees £  580.00
Western Power £    15.19
B.T. Wayleave £      4.80

 

8. Correspondence.
Letter from Ben Lake regarding funding for updating Broadband connection.

9. Reports
None.

10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
b. Planning: None.

11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The Village Hall Committee asked if the Council could take over as Custodial Trustees as most of the Committee wished to resign. The Council discussed the matter and are making enquiries to the Charities Commission  to see what the next procedure will be. Councillor E.Kincaid has been elected to deal with this procedure and report back to the Council.

862

12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Nothing to report.

13. Cemetery
The Council received  a complaint regarding a grave being opened on a Sunday. The Clerk will discuss the matter with the Grave diggers and also about doing a contract with them.
The Council will ask Mr. Richard Evans to cut the Cemetry Hedge.

14. Any other matter.
a. The Council have decided for this year to not have a Service by the war Memorial on Armistace  Day because of the present situation but will place 1 Wreath from the Council at the base of the War Memorial. The Clerk will inform all Committees that are involved every year and if they so wish can donate money to the British Legion.
b. The Council have been informed that people are taking ownership of the Leet.
c. The Council were informed that no Hedge cutting had been done in this area on the main roads.
d. The Council are happy to pay the cost of the Zoom meetings while we are under restrictions. The Cost is £12. 30 + V.A.T. a month.

15. Date of next meeting 
12th October 2020

 

This page is also available in: English