Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 10th September 2018 at the Community Centre
Councillors Emmanuel Kincaid (Chairman), JohnLl Griffiths(Vice-Chiarman), Eirwen James, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Beth Anthony, Rhodri Evans, Caryl Haf Jones.
Councillors Lynet Pugh, Cllr Lisa Jones and Cllr Enfys H Davies apologised for their inability to attend.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Beth Anthony and seconded by Cllr John Griffiths the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 9th July 2018 .
On the proposition of Councillor Beth Anthony and seconded by Cllr Caryl H Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of a special meeting held on 14th August 2018.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. The Bus shelter by Hyfrydle, and Car Park improvement have been put out to tender, tenders to be returned by next meeting.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. New Grit Bins. An assessment will be made in September.
d. Awaiting sign for Llanddewi Brefi to be placed back by Werndriw.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.6 Street Lights
The cost of street lights has now been paid.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £ 12,295.51
a. Authorising Payments.
Mrs M Davies …………………………………………£ 500.00
Mr D Benjamin Grass cutting ………………..£3,515.00
b. Paid In
Mr G Price Burial Fees …………………………….£450.00
1. A letter from the Hall Committee regarding extending the playground by 2m on the short end, towards the hall there were no objections.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
We were informed that the conclusion to local boundaries will be coming out soon. Consultation coming to an end on Yellow lines.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
A Coffee evening will be held in October. The Hall committee have had all the required funding for the playground.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
The new school will open on the 1st October.
The work on the War memorial should start mid September. The Council have also decided to clean up the flower pots by the war memorial.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council decided to write to Phil Jones regarding the logging lorries that come through the village.
2. Complaint was received that a B.T.cover in the middle of the road by Cefenllanio is causing problems.
3. Guttering on Pont Llanio road needs cleaning as they have grown over.
Date of next meeting 8th October 2018
This page is also available in: English