Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 15th May 2017 at the Community Centre
Councillors Rhodri Evans (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice-Chairman), Emmanuel Kincaid, John L. Griffiths, Caryl H Jones, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones.
Councillors signed their declaration of acceptance of office. We have 3 vacant seats as there are only 7 Councillors at present.
1. Councillor Lisa Jones apologised for her inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Rhys and Angharad on their wedding. A letter of thanks was sent to Mrs Ann Jones, Mr Gwyn Davies, and Maria Tofani for their time on the Community Council, we wish them well for the future.
Congratulations was also given to Bois y Rhedyn on the release of their C.D. The Council also congratulated Cllr Rhodri Evans on his re-election to Ceredigion County Council.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Dafydd Lloyd Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 13th March 2017 with an amendment to point 5 and 10.2.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. The number of street lights to be reinstated will be discussed at meeting.
2. The Council decided to contact One Voice Wales and Ceredigion County Council on the way forward to co-opt to fill our 3 vacant seats.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
Pages ready to go up.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.5 Standing Orders.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
Meeting to be held in June.
7. Financial Report
The Council received the Balance Sheet for 2016/17, and were signed as correct by the Chairman.
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £15,392.91
a. Authorising Payments.
Zurich Insurance for period June 2017/2018 £337.78
One Voice Wales £ 96.00
Compass Office Ink & paper £ 68.76
b. Paid In
Cemetery Grant £2,775.79
1. The Council received a letter from a resident disagreeing with its decision to reinstate street lighting between midnight and 5 am.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
1. Notification of application A170270 at Pant Y Garth.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The Committee are holding two events in July
8th July Carnival
9th July Tug o war.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Pending interviews for the Head Teacher.
1. Nothing new.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council were asked if a grit box could be placed down by Glanbrennig.
Date of next meeting 12th June 2017
Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Cymraeg