Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 11th July 2016 at the Community Centre
Councillors Dafydd Lloyd-Jones (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice Chairman) Emanuel Kincaid, Maria Tofani, Rhodri Evans, John Ll Griffiths, D.S.Gwynne Davies.
1. Councillor Ann Jones, and Cllr Caryl Haf Jones apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council congratulated the Hall Committee on the Carnival day, and also congratulations to the New Inn and St David’s Church on the visit of Prince Charles.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 13th June 2016.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. The Council decided that they would look into insuring the Defibrillator with Zurich Insurance.
2. The Council informed Ceredigion County Council of the vacant seat. The seat will be advertised.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
a. The Council have now placed the Car park signs at appropriate places.
6.4 The Pound Garden
Cllr Maria Tofani tidied the bushes and got rid of the brambles.
6.5 Standing Orders.
Standing Orders have been adopted by the Council.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
A Draft Copy of New financial regulations has been sent to Councillors.
Cllr Maria Tofani is the Community Council representative on the Steering Committee. The defib will be checked on a 12 Month rota and they will decide where the signs are going to placed. Need to get a quote from Zurich insurance.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £12,314.32
a. Authorising Payments.
CCF £ 25.48
Compass Office £ 64.92
Dyfed Gardening 1st cut £1,196.00
CCF £ 20.81
b. Paid In
Three Head stones £ 75.00
Mr. T E Jones two funerals £ 900.00
1. Several people from different committees were invited to meet Prince Charles in the village as he was visiting the New Inn as Pub is the Hub, he also visited the Church.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council were informed that Ceredigion County Council will not be externalizing things.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Mr Huw Bonner has been made temporary Deputy Head.
1. Soil in Cemetery needs moving when the weather permits.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council have decided to cut towards the river from Ash Street.
2. The Council have decided to question to see if the Rail link is still on.
3. The Council have received complaints regarding dogs not on leads around the village.
Date of next meeting 12th September 2016
Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Cymraeg