Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 4th December 2017 at the Community Centre
Councillors Rhodri Evans (Chairman), M Eirwen James (Vice-Chair) Emanuel Kincaid, John L. Griffiths, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Enfys H. Davies, Beth Anthony.
Cllrs Caryl Haf Jones, Lynet Pugh and Lisa Jones apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council enjoyed their Christmas Dinner at Llangybi Golf Club.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Emanuel Kincaid and seconded by Cllr Enfys H. Davies the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 13th November 2017.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. Discussion took place regarding the yellow lines proposed by Bryncynon and we decided that the yellow lines need to be taken to the junction opposite Ardwyn for safety reasons to ensure emergency vehicles have access to Penstar. A letter will be sent to Ceredigion.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
We were informed that the awareness training has been done.
6.6 Street Lights
It was proposed by Emanuel Kincaid and seconded by Eirwen James that the Street lights be turned on as soon possible. It was passed by the Council. The lights will be turned back on before Christmas.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £ 12,606.19
a. Authorising Payments.
Christmas Lights £598.84
Mr Richard Evans Hedge Cutting Cemetery £100.80
b. Paid In
Wreaths £ 50.00
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
Notification for One Planet development including erection of a zero carbon Dwelling at Coed Alltgoch and land Llanddewi Brefi. We support the principle of the development but are concerned regarding the visibility access.
2. We were also informed that the planning for the mast has gone through at the Northern Hill of Bronhelem Llanddewi Brefi.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
The School’s Prize evening was well attended.
1. We have decided to meet up in the new year with James Memorials regarding either laying flat or re erecting the stones that are unsafe in the Cemetery. Date to be confirmed.
14. Any other matter
1. It was decided that the Council would apply for planning to place the old School bell on the square.
2. We were informed that there was a lot of standing water on the Pont Llanio road and also manholes blocked at Llanio.
Date of next meeting 8th January 2018
This page is also available in: Welsh