Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 11th March 2019 at the Community Centre
Councillors Emmanuel Kincaid (Chairman), Rhodri Evans, Caryl Haf Jones , Eirwen James, Enfys H Davies.
Councillor John Ll Griffiths, Cllr Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Cllr Lynet Pugh, Cllr Lisa Jones, and Cllr Beth Anthony apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Llanddewi Brefi Y.F.C. on their success in coming second in the ‘Haner awr adloniant’ held at Felinfach and also 2nd for best script and 1st for best producer, and Gwion Owen won best actor under 16 .
3. Declaration of Interest
Councillor Emmanuel Kincaid declared his interest regarding planning A190054 and left the building.
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Enfys Davies the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 11th February 2019.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. New Grit Bins.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
A new Committee and rota has been set up.
7. Financial Report
|Current Account||£ 100.00|
|Business Res A/c||£ 6,438.60|
a. Authorising Payments.
|Eisteddfod Donation||£ 300.00|
|D. Edwards Car park||£ 828.00|
|Beddfeini Hafod Funeral||£ 500.00|
|Beddfeini Hafod Funeral||£ 450.00|
|Wales Audit Office||£ 225.00|
|Compass Office Supplies||£ 51.48|
|E.M.Davies salary||£ 400.00|
b. Paid In
|Grant from War Memorial||£ 930.00|
|G. Price Funeral + 2 plots||£ 580.00|
|G. Price Funeral||£ 450.00|
1. A letter regarding The National Eisteddfod 2020 which will be held at Tregaron requesting support and a donation as the fund raising target for Llanddewi Brefi is £5000. The Council donated £300.00.
2. A request for a donation from Ser Dewi Football team to help reseed the pitch The Council decided to donate £250 this was from the previous request we had because we received the statement and budget we asked for.
3. Renewal of One Voice Wales Membership. The Council decided to renew.
4. A thank you card from Llanddewi Brefi Womens Institute for the donation.
The New Inn held a Welsh Tea on the Saturday afternoon 2nd of March which was very successful.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council were informed that Ceredigion County Council passed a budget of 7% in Council tax.
A190084 Y Ddol Llanddewi Brefi Change of Outhouse to form extension to dwelling. There were no objections
New Building No A190054. New dwelling reserved matters.
Lletypoeth Llanddewi Brefi. No Objections. Cllr E. Kincaid declared interest and left the building.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The Village Hall Committee held their A.G.M. last month. A triathalon will be held on 6th April starting from the village hall.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Highlights of the School Eisteddfod was held end of February.
The Council are going to review having a Complaints Policy for the Cemetery.
14 Eisteddfod 2020
A public meeting will be held on the 9th April.
15. Any other matter
1. A Coffee evening and concert will be held in Llanddewi Brefi on the 5th April held by papur bro Y Barcud.
2. The Mast still not active by Cefn Garth.
Date of next meeting 8th April 2019
This page is also available in: Welsh