Minutes – Llanddewi Brefi Community Council – 22/12/2022

983

Minutes of the Ordinary meeting held on Thursday 22nd December 2022 at 7:30pm in the Community Centre.
Draft minutes are published in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021 and are subject to approval at the next ordinary meeting of the Community Council.

Present:
Councillors: Rhodri Evans (Acting Chair), Emmanuel Kincaid, Eirwen James, and Dafydd Lloyd Jones.
1) Apologies.
Apologies were received from Enfys Hatcher-Davies, John Lloyd Griffiths, Pat Parry, Lynet Pugh, Beth Anthony, Caryl Jones.

2) Personal Matters.
Councillors present wished to extend their congratulations to all the young people who took part in the Youth Drop In- Snooker/TableTennis/Darts Tournament on the 16th December 2022.

3) Declarations of interest.
a) Cllr Kincaid- Item 10 (Code of Conduct Para 10(2)(b) applies).

4) Public participation
Members of the public were in attendance, but no specific items were submitted for discussion prior to the meeting.

5) To discuss Proposal concerning Blaendoethie Woodland Creation Plan:

Arwel Davies from Tillhill Forestry was unable to attend and sent apologies during the meeting. He has asked to attend the next council meeting – Clerk to send invitation by e-mail.

6) To review progress with Cynnal Llanddewi Brefi LEADER Grant project.
Final Grant Funding Total:

Cllr Kincaid confirmed the value of the aid received under this scheme is £9,254.22, and a letter regarding eligibility to receive de minimis aid had been received. Remittance advice of the final payment due in the amount of £2,133.39 had also been received.

Youth Drop In – Sessions:

984

Members discussed the timings for the Youth Drop- In Sessions and agreed for the duration of January 2023 that these would be held on Fridays.

Funding for future sessions requires clarification; currently the tuck shop funds are helping to facilitate the sessions/activities (in addition to the grant funding)
It was also observed that feedback from questionnaires circulated to Youth Drop In members indicated that most would be happy to pay £1 per session.

It was agreed that the Clerk should e-mail One Voice Wales to clarify whether the existing financial regulations would need to be amended to take account of tuck shop and subscriptions payments.

It was also agreed that the Clerk should in future include the Youth Drop-In sessions for regular review on meeting agendas for the Council.

Cllr Evans and Cllr Kincaid also reported on their attendance of the Cynnal y Cardi LAG meeting held on the 5th December 2022, where both had an opportunity to present feedback and overview on the projects facilitated by the LEADER grant funding. Members commented, concerning the Youth Drop-In Session project, that the Council had not received feedback or follow-up advice from County Council Youth services representatives re safeguarding or further funding possibilities, although they had been contacted by the Council in advance of setting up the project.

In concluding the review, Cllr Evans extended thanks to Cllr Kincaid for undertaking the preparation of all the ongoing and final submission documents required by the LEADER grant administration.

7) To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 14th November 2022.
Council authorised the Acting Chair (Cllr Evans) to sign the minutes of the Community Council held on:
14th November2022
Proposed: Eirwen James Seconded: Dafydd Lloyd-Jones

8) Matters arising from the minutes
14th November 2022:
Item 7) Matters arising from the minutes of 10th October 2022:
Ref Item 6 – 10/10/22:

985

d) Defibrillator: it was noted that after delays in return of the defibrillator, that the software is now updated and the original unit back in place, in the cabinet on the square. Cllr James will contact CIRCUIT to make arrangements for the Clerk to now take over guardianship of the defibrillator, in addition to collating and sending the rota for 2023 to the Clerk.
e) Credit Card application still pending, Cllr Evans to request documentation from bank and submit application by next meeting: Cllr Evans apologised that the task was pending and would get it completed as soon as possible.
f) Bus Shelter: Cllr Evans attended photo opportunity with the Chair and a representative of Barcud. Clerk to write letter of thanks regarding redecoration of the bus shelter.
g) 585-Bus Service: Cllr Evans confirmed that there will still be a service for the next 6 months with Evans Coaches; the service is currently scheduled to go through all communities concerned, 4 times a day, with the last bus back from Aberystwyth, stopping in Tregaron.
It was agreed that the Clerk will write to the Local Authority Transport Representative, Rhodri Llwyd, to stress on behalf of the Council how important it is to our community and those nearby that this service remains after the current 6-month contract period finishes.
Item 8)

(Confidential minutes 991-992)
Item 10)
It was noted that an Audit Certificate for the 2021-22 period has not yet been received. It was also confirmed that no invoice has yet been received from Audit Wales for 2020-21.
It was agreed that an estimate of Audit Wales’ costs, based on previous years, would need to be included in the budget for 2023-24
Item 11)
It was confirmed that there was still one outstanding reimbursement regarding the poppy appeal wreaths.

9) To consider whether the press and public should be excluded from the meeting when considering the following items of business (in accordance with s1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960), on the grounds that it involves the disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraphs 12 and 14 of Part 4 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972 as amended).

986

Reason:
The items involve discussion of contract details and remuneration of staff.
Motion passed.

Members of the public left on request.

10) To review staff remuneration in accordance with recommendations of Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales Draft Annual Report February 2023

As Councillor Kincaid had declared a prejudicial interest, and the meeting would otherwise become inquorate, item 10 was adjourned to the January meeting under Standing Order 3v.

11) To confirm Cleaning Contract arrangements for 2022-2023.
(Confidential minutes)

12) To consider the following motions under Standing Order 9b:
a. Proposal for a donation to Gogerddan Hunt.
This motion was proposed by the Chair. In the Chair’s absence the Acting Chair introduced the motion. Members were reminded that in the case of donations made under s137 of the Local Government act 1972, there should be a direct benefit to the community commensurate with the expenditure.
Members noted that the annual Boxing Day display on the village square was attended by a significant number of residents, and that the Council had previously donated £80 towards this event under the now withdrawn powers of well-being set out in section 2 of the Local Government Act 2000.
On the proposition of Cllr James, and seconded by Cllr Lloyd Jones, Council resolved to authorise a donation of £80.

13) To consider applications for financial support.
It was agreed to write to the applicant to explain that the Jubilee Fund is administered by the hall committee. (Clerk to forward the request to Hall Committee for consideration in its next ordinary meeting)

14) Consider budget proposals for 2023-2024.
Cllr Kincaid presented the budget review and a draft budget for 2023-24, noting the following adjustments compared to previous year costs:
• Moving hybrid meetings to MS ‘Teams’ as this would be available at minimal extra cost through Office 365 subscription and represented a saving compared with existing provision for online meetings through ‘Zoom’.
• 9% had been added to recurring costs as an allowance for inflation.

987

• Election expenses of £170 for 2022 have been notified and will be taken from the precept.
• An extra cut for the parish cemetery and churchyard had been allowed, based on tendered prices for grass cutting costs.
• The draft included a budget of £495 for hall cleaning, and presented the projected outturn based on a precept increase in line with inflation, with election costs added.
Significant variances were noted on the budget review sheet circulated prior to the meeting, including the additional costs as a result of VAT being chargeable on grass cutting for 2022-23 (to be recovered in the next financial year).
It was agreed that Cllr Kincaid would send the Budget Review to all councillors for consideration before the next meeting.

15) Financial report.
a) Resolved to approve the bank reconciliation for the period ending 16 December 2022.
i. Bank balances per statements at 16/12/2022 – £9,981.99
b. Authorisation of payments:
i. Staff and confidential payments (Local Government Act 1972, s.111) – approved
ii. Hall – hire charge 25/10/2021-11/07/2022 (Local Government Act 1972, s.111) – £240.00
iii. Donation to Gogerddan Hunt – Boxing Day display (Local Government Act 1972, s.137) – £80.00
iv. Refreshments at Xmas lights event (Local Government Act 1972, s.144) – J M Y Edwards £60.00
Reimbursement of payments made by members/staff:
v. Zoom subscription 06/10/22-06/12/22 (Local Government Act 1972, s.111) – £43.17
vi. Cleaning sundries (Hall) (LG (Misc.Provisions) Act 1976 s.19) – £18.70
vii. Reimbursement – Replacement heating programmer (Hall) – (LG (Misc.Provisions) Act 1976 s.19) – £103.49
c. Recurring payments:
i. BT – Hall telephone & broadband (LG (Misc.Provisions) Act 1976 s.19) – £53.94
ii. Bank charges (Local Government Act 1972, s.111) – £11.70
d. Payments received:
i. Glass recycling – CCC – £33.50
ii. Bank interest – £6.38
iii. Bank loyalty reward – £1.60
iv. Wreath reimbursement 2022 – £220.00
v. Wreath reimbursement 2021 – £50.00

988

16) To approve ‘The Biodiversity and Resilience of Ecosystems Duty – Report 2019’ (produced December 2022 to fulfil obligations of Council under Environment (Wales) Act 2016 – Section 6 Biodiversity)

It was agreed to forward the draft to all members for consideration prior to the next meeting due to the low numbers attending.

17) Correspondence (copies forwarded to members).
a) Welsh Government
i) Infrastructure Assets
b) One Voice Wales
i) Bullying and Harassment in Councils
ii) Welcome to our Winter newsletter
iii) The Future of Welsh Communities: call for evidence.
iv) Finance & Governance Toolkit – Update November 2022
v) Energy
vi) Links to free digital copies of CPAG handbooks
vii) Changes to bus services in Ceredigion 02-12-2022
viii) Seaweed Farming Wales
ix) Single-use Plastics Bill Infographic Material
x) Electoral Administration and Reform White Paper
xi) One Voice Wales News Bulletin
xii) Draft Local Well-being Plan 2023-2028 Public Consultation
xiii) FW: Understanding the power of payroll savings schemes for employers and employees.
xiv) FW: Newsletter – Older Peoples Commissioner for Wales.
xv) Christmas Greetings
xvi) Vacancy — Deputy Director Equality, Poverty and Children’s Evidence Division – Welsh Government
xvii) JANUARY, FEBRUARY & MARCH 2023 TRAINING DATES
xviii) Christmas Shut down Period
xix) Vacancy — Public Appointments
c) Hywel Dda Community Health Council
i) Future Paediatric Services.
ii) the latest Hywel Dda CHC Newsletter.
d) Waun Maenllwyd Wind Farm Update:
i) FW: RE: Regarding the emerging proposal for the Waun Maenllwyd Wind Farm.
e) Ceredigion County Council
i) Ceredigion Actif : Further Funding Opportunities.
ii) Ceredigion Technical Services: FW: Special and Community Events
iii) 2023-24 Precept Form has been received, to be completed and returned by 27/01/23.
iv) (Clerk)

989

v) Future Use of Council Buildings
All correspondence was noted.

18) To receive a report from the PCSO.
The PCSO reported no crime for the December period to date. He also raised awareness of the current Dyfed’ Domestic Abuse’ campaign and resources with regards to the festive period, which can be found in the link below:
Report domestic abuse | Dyfed-Powys Police

19) County Councillor’s report on matters arising from Ceredigion:
Cllr Evans reported that the County Council are beginning to look at the overall county finances for the year 2023 -2024 with respect to setting Council Tax and a new budget for the period.

20) Planning Applications.
a) To note the following approvals:
i) A220754 – link to documents Use of land for the purposes of a domestic garden at rear of 3 Penuwch Street, Llanddewi Brefi. Certificate Granted – Noted.
b) To consider the following applications:
i) A220878 – link to documents Full planning – Construction of slurry store/tank and associated works. Garth, Llanddewi Brefi.
The Council had no objections or comments regarding this planning application, letter of support to be sent.

21) To receive a report from the Village Hall and Recreation Grounds committee.
None received.

22) Questions to the Chair.
a. Grit bins: One Council member raised the need to check the levels of Grit remaining in the village bins, after the recent cold weather. Request to be made to Chair to obtain prices for replenishment; it was also approved for the Chair to purchase cheapest available, as soon as possible, to be reimbursed at the next meeting.
b. Dog Signage: One Council member raised the issue of signage concerning dog walking being prohibited on the Hall recreation grounds, car park and children’s play area: It was observed that the County Council had recently placed notices near the pitch and carpark.
It was suggested that the Local Nature Forum be approached to mention it on their Social Media Feed and that there should be a general notice posted on the Llanddewi Brefi Community Website.

990

c. January Meeting: Members were reminded that, as notified in the previous meeting, the Clerk would not be able to attend the next Community Council meeting on 9th January 2023. It was agreed that members would present documents and take minutes and that the hybrid meeting would be recorded.
d. The low attendance at the meeting was noted and members were reminded that all apologies should be sent in writing to the Clerk.

23) Date of next meeting:
09/01/2023

Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Cymraeg