Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 12th April 2021 on Zoom
Councillors John Ll Griffiths (Chair), Caryl H Jones (vice-chair) Emmanuel Kincaid, Rhodri Evans, Beth Anthony, Lynet Pugh, Eirwen James, Enfys H Davies.
Councillor Dafydd Lloyd-Jones apologised for his inability to attend.
2. Personal Matters.
Sympathy was extended to Cllr Enfys H Davies on the death of her grandmother.
3. Declaration of Interest
Councillor Emmanuel Kincaid declared interest on Planning permission A210245 Shepherds hut at Tyncornel Llanddewi Brefi.
On the proposition of Councillor Emmanuel Kincaid and seconded by Cllr Eirwen James the Council passed the minutes for 8th March 2021.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
- Ceredigion have sent the notice of Casual Vacancy out again. Any ten electors may give notice to request an election by 27th April 2021.
- Bridlepath by Felin has been reported and the bridge will be repaired.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road. Divert surface water towards stream, and trenches need to be cleared.
c. White lines on junction by Ardwyn.
d. Road needs resurfacing between Bear House and Bethesda Chapel.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
a. Nothing New
Defib A/c balance £1,460.15
Checking the Defibrillator list:
May – Emmanuel Kincaid
June – Maureen Davies
6.6 Standing Orders
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
High Int Acc £7,698.73
a. Authorising Payments.
b. Paid In
- A request for a donation towards planting Cherry Trees at Hyfrydle by Mrs Jennings. The Council said they would donate up to £200 on receipt of an invoice. Mrs Jennings wanted to know if there would be any interest to have a seed/book exchange the council decided to leave for the time being and will consider in the future.
- PCSO John Evans sent a report of what has been under Police matters in the village in the last month.
Nothing to report.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
A.G.M. officially in May Cllr Paul Hinch(Chair) and Cllr Ifan Davies(Vice – Chair).
Application no A210132 Pant Farm Yard covering for cattle. No objections
Application no A210245 Tyncornel Shepherds Hut. No Objections. Cllr Kincaid declared his interest.
Application no A210167 Wern Newydd Agricultural Shed. No Objections
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The Council looked at the financial report. Fire risk assessment done prior to election day May 6th. Electric repairs (Emergency Lighting) and external lights being repaired.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Results of the virtual eisteddfod will be released in the next 2 weeks.
14. Any other matter.
- Easter Egg Hunt was successful in the village over Easter period.
- Sign Cwmbrefi on Pont Carfan is cracked and replenish the lettering on the plaque by Hyfrydle. Cllr Caryl Jones will ask Sue Ryder for advice on these two matters.
- The Council were asked to send a letter to confirm to Ceredigion County Council that Llanddewi Brefi school which is under offer was of no interest to the community of Llanddewi Brefi.
15. Flood resilience group
16. Date of next meeting
17th May 2021
Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Cymraeg