Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 12th December 2016 at the Community Centre
Councillors Dafydd Lloyd-Jones (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice-Chairman), Emanuel Kincaid, Maria Tofani, Rhodri Evans, John Ll Griffiths, Caryl Haf Jones, Ann Jones, Gwynne Davies.
1. Councillor Lisa Jones apologised for her inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Gareth and Victoria on their engagement. We wished a speedy recovery to Mrs Elin Jones, and congratulated Cllr Gwynne Davies and Cllr Caryl Haf Jones on doing so well in the Winter Fair.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Rhodri Evans and seconded by Cllr John Ll Griffiths the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 14th November 2016.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid drew up a draft copy for Grass Cutting contract Invitation for Tender for Councillors to look at before the next meeting.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.5 Standing Orders.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
A meeting will be held in January 2017.
7. Financial Report
Financial budget for 2017/2018 was looked at.
Current Account £ 575.00
Business Res A/c £9,424.29
a. Authorising Payments.
Beddfeini Hafod Funeral £400.00
Mr Richard Evans £135.60
Gogerddan Hunt £ 80.00
b. Paid In
Armistace day wreaths £ 45.00
1. A notification from Ceredigion County Council to apply for the Cemetery Grant.
2. A copy of the Aberfan Disaster Fund Mayor of Merthyr Tydfil’s Appeal Receipt dated 9/1/67 Parish of Llanddewi Brefi, Cardiganshire Appeal Fund.
Councillor Rhodri Evans went to Tregaron to a Meet the leader meeting.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
Discussion has been made regarding splitting the precept in future to pay in April and October.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The Christmas Fair was very successful. The Committee have received a grant for £8000.00 from Tesco. Also a grant for refurbishing Showers and Toilets.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Congratulations to the School on giving an excellent Christmas Concert.
1. The Council will discuss the new format for the tenders at next meeting.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council have been informed that there is a car left in the Lay-by at Glasdir.
2. The Council will clean any mess left on the square by the horses on Boxing Day after the display.
3. The Council were informed that the Dog Warden has been out in the village.
Date of next meeting 9th January 2017
This page is also available in: Welsh