Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 12th November 2018 at the Community Centre
Councillors Emmanuel Kincaid (Chairman), JohnLl Griffiths(Vice-Chiarman), Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Beth Anthony, Rhodri Evans, Caryl Haf Jones , Lisa Jones, Lynet Pugh.
Councillor Enfys H. Davies apologised for her inability to attend.
3. Declaration of Interest
Councillor Caryl H. Jones and Cllr Rhodri Evans declared their interest on a donation request from Llanddewi Brefi Young Farmers Club. Cllr Caryl H Jones also declared interest on the purchasing of three grit bins.
On the proposition of Councillor Dafydd Lloyd-Jones and seconded by Cllr Caryl H. Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 18th October and extra meeting held on 26th October 2018.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. Grit Bins
The Council discussed options for purchasing grit bins and it was decided to delegate to Chair and Vice Chair to buy 3 grit bins.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. New Grit Bins.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
7. Financial Report
The Council have discussed provisional budget and it will be confirmed at the next meeting.
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £ 12,296.79
a. Authorising Payments.
Beddfeini Hafod ………………………………………….£ 510.00
Young Farmers Club Donation …………………………..£ 300.00
b. Paid In
Mr T. E Jones Burial ……………………………………..£ 400.00
Money for Poppy Wreaths ……………………………….£ 125.00
1. A letter requesting a donation from Llanddewi BrefiYoung Farmers Club. Cllr Caryl H Jones and Cllr Rhodri Evans declared their interest. It was decided to donate £300.00.
2. A letter from Ceredigion County Council regarding expression of interest in the sale of Llanddewi Brefi School . The letter is to be displayed on the web site and in the Notice Board.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council have been informed that the yellow lines in Llanddewi Brefi will be removed and there will be no parking restrictions.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The Council were informed that the Playground is nearly finished.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Christmas Fair will be held on 6th December.
A letter was received from Mr. E. Davies regarding the damaged grave. Works have been completed on the War Memorial.
Press release has been issued in the Cambrian News and Barcud. Remembrance Service was held on Nov 11th at the War Memorial.
14. Any other matter
1.Trees up on Rhiw Quar need cutting back.
2. Water on the road the village side of Foelallt Farm.
3. Fire Hydrant leaking by the old Vicerage.
4. The Council decided to ask Mrs Euros Davies to make 200 mince pies for the turning on of the Christmas tree lights on 11th December on the square.
Date of next meeting 10th December 2018
This page is also available in: Welsh