Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 12th March 2018 at the Community Centre
Councillors Rhodri Evans (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice-Chiarman) Emanuel Kincaid, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Lynet Pugh, Caryl H Jones, Lisa Jones. John Ll Griffiths, Enfys H Davies, Beth Anthony.
The Council congratulated Alex Biddolph on shooting for Wales in the world championships. Also congratulations was given to the Young Farmers for doing so well in the Ceredigion Y.F.C .Pantomime and to Daniel Owen and Jack Hockenull for winning the best actors under 16.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Dafydd Loyd-Jones and seconded by Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 12th February 2018.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. Some of the zinc has been replaced on the shed roof at Pont Llanio.
2. The Council are looking into placing Grit Bins at Pont Llanio and Bryncynon.
3. The Council are in discussion with Ceredigion regarding Yellow lines from Bryncynon down to the junction by Ardwyn.
4. The Council will hold an extra meeting on Wednesday 21st March regarding Boundaries Consultation paper.
We have been informed that the culvert by Abercoed will be replaced soon to avoid any more flooding.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.6 Street Lights
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 64.01
Business Res A/c £ 9,766.91
a. Authorising Payments.
Young Farmers Club Donation £ 350.00
Mrs E. M. Davies £ 500.00
Beddfeini Hafod Burial £ 450.00
Krystal Hosting £ 35.99
b. Paid In
1. A thank you card from Clwb Ffrindiau for the donation of £100.00.
We were informed that Ras Gwyl Dewi could not take place due to weather conditions.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
The Carnival will be held on 14th July 2018, also tug of War ( Welsh Championship Competition). New items for the playground have been purchased and they have also applied for a grant with Hanfod Lottery.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
All staff worked very hard getting ready for the Estyn Inspection which was held in February.
1. Councillors met with workers from James Memorials and Grave stones have been laid down flat for safety reasons.
14. Any other matter
1 The Council were informed that the sign by Werndriw has been damaged Cllr Rhodri Evans will look into the matter.
2. The Council have been in formed that the path from Gwarcoed to Talfan needs clearing. The Council will inform Mr Eifion Jones Ceredigion County Council.
3. The Council have decided that the entrance to our car park needs widening.
4. It was decided that the bus shelter by Hyfrydle needs cleaning up.
5. The post box in Llanio was stolen from the side of the hedge.
Date of next meeting 9th April 2018
This page is also available in: Welsh