Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 12th February 2018 at the Community Centre
Councillors Rhodri Evans (Chairman), Emanuel Kincaid, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Lynet Pugh, Caryl H Jones, Eirwen James.
Cllrs Enfys H Davies, Lisa Jones, John L Griffiths,and Beth Anthony apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Cllr Caryl Jones on her new post with Farmers Union of Wales.
3. Declaration of Interest
Councillor Eirwen James declared her interest on the request for a donation from Clwb Ffrindiau.
Councillor Caryl Jones declared her interest on the installation of a lattice mast at Llether Farm, Forestry Land Llanddewi Brefi.
On the proposition of Councillor Dafydd Loyd-Jones and seconded by Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 8th January 2018.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
We have been informed that the culvert by Abercoed will be replaced soon to avoid any more flooding.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
Checked and tested on the 29th Jan. All ok.
6.6 Street Lights
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £ 10,151.21
a. Authorising Payments.
Ras Gwyl Dewi Donation £100.00
Hire of Hall for 12 Months £300.00
Clwb Ffrindiau Donation £100.00
b. Paid In
1. Request for a donation from Clwb Ffrindiau a donation of £100.00 was given.
2. Details of election costs for 2017 for the Community Council from Ceredigion County Council £162.30
3. An E mail from Jules and Diana asking the council to refrain from asking them every year to cut the hedge back.
1. Councillors Rhodri Evans attended the official opening of Hamdden Caron Leisure Centre.
2. A report was also given regarding the current review of the electoral boundaries.
3. Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid attended a meeting at Tregaron regarding Place Plans. The Council decided to start a Sub Committee of Cllr Rhodri Evans, Emmanuel Kincaid and Cllr Eirwen James.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
No objections to Pencefen Dryscol A170414.
No objections to mast at Llether Farm A180046
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
An Estyn Inspection is being held at the School beginning on 26th Feb 2018.
1. The tender for the grass cutting has been given to Mr Dilwyn Benjamin.
2. Councillors are to meet with Mr James from James Memorials on Friday 9th March at 10am at the Cemetery to see how many stones need to be put safe and when they can do them.
14. Any other matter
1 The Council were informed to advice Ceredigion that the shed roof adjoining the bridge is in a dangerous condition.
2. The Council are looking into having Grit bins placed at Bryncynon and Pont Llanio.
Date of next meeting 12th March 2018
This page is also available in: Welsh