Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 11th February 2019 at the Community Centre
Councillors Emmanuel Kincaid (Chairman), John. Ll Griffiths(Vice-Chairman), Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Rhodri Evans, Eirwen James, Enfys H Davies.
Councillors Lynet Pugh, Caryl H Jones, and Lisa Jones apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council wished Mr Alwyn Jones Penlanwen a full and speedy recovery.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Rhodri Evans the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 14th January 2019.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. Public Meeting Regarding Flooding
A public meeting was held where Rhodri Llwyd and Annette Birkett attended from Ceredigion County Council to discuss the way forward. It was suggested that a Flood resilience Group be set up, and sand bags be stored in the village in case of flooding again.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. New Grit Bins. Will give 3 weeks for delivery.
d. Llanio Drain blocked.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
Cllr Eirwen James was nominated to be in charge of the defibrillator as Maria Tofani is moving from the village.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £ 2,834.55
a. Authorising Payments.
Beddfeini Hafod ………………………………………..£450.00
E Kincaid Flag and Defib Pads …………………………£149.22
W.I .Llanddewi Brefi donation …………………………£150.00
b. Paid In
Grant for War Memorial ………………………………£4,333.00
1. A request for a donation from Ceredigion Young Farmers. The Council will discuss at end of financial year.
2. A request for a donation from Llanddewi Brefi W.I to cover the cost of Public speakers . The Council decided to donate £150.
3. A request from the International Sheep dog Society for a donation for the Internationals that are to be held at Rhydyfelin September 2020. The Council will discuss at end of financial year.
The Clerk attended a meeting at Aberaeron to do with Audit.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
The Council were informed that the Council tax was the main point of discussion at Ceredigion County Council.
A181193 Brynambor Llanddewi Brefi Extension to house, safe room. There were no objections.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
Nothing to report.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
The school eisteddfod will be held on Friday 22nd February.
A further letter was received from Mr. E. Davies and this has been forwarded to our insurers and One Voice Wales for advice.
14 Eisteddfod 2020
On the 4th of May a local talent event will be held in the hall.
15. Any other matter
1. Requests for no HGVsigns by Pentre Richard.
2. Cover has been replaced on BT manhole and signs up at Cefn Llanio corner.
Date of next meeting 11th March 2019
Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Cymraeg