Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 11th January 2016 at the Community Centre
Councillors Maria Tofani (Chairman), Dafydd Lloyd-Jones (Vice Chairman) Emanuel Kincaid, Eirwen James, Rhodri Evans, Mary Pearce, Gwynne Davies, Ann Jones, John Ll Griffiths.
The Council wished Mr. Lloyd Jones a speedy recovery after his stay in hospital.
3. Declaration of Interest
Cllr Ann Jones and Cllr Rhodri Evans declared their interest regarding planning No A150808 Rheidol Hydro System at Tyncornel.
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Rhodri Evans the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 14th December 2015.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. It was decided that the Precept for 2016/17 should be raise to £8000 00 in anticipation of increased costs in 2016/17.
2. The Council informed Ceredigion that there was as vacant seat as Cllr T. Wynne Davies had not attended a Council meeting for over 6 months and no apologies were received from Mr Davies, a letter was sent to him to inform him of the procedure.
A number of drainage issues were referred to Ceredigion Highways through Cllr Rhodri Evans following a number of complaints received.
1. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
2. Road by Bethesda Chapel to Bear House
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
1. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
2. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
The Website is up and running The Council aim to Launch the Website on St. David’s Day.
Cllr Maria Tofani, Cllr Mary Pearce, Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid are dealing with it.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
1. The Council will now be placing Car park signs at appropriate places.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.5 Standing Orders.
Chair will decide what is appropriate for the Council. Still ongoing.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
The Council decide on £8000.00 precept for year 2016/17.
Doctor S James attended the meeting and the Council have agreed to purchase the defibrillator using a match funding Grant from British Heart Foundation and fund raising from the Carol singing. It was agreed to send a letter to the Mawndiroedd Committee to ask for a donation towards this.
Councillor Maria Tofani and Cllr Dafydd Lloyd-Jones will make enquiries as a possible location at centre of village. A steering group will be set up and training will be provided.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £1536.63
a. Authorising Payments.
Hire of Hall £260.00
R Evans £ 25.00
Mr C Davies £ 40.00
Defribillator Cabinet £345.00
Beddfeini Hafod (re opening of grave ) £400.00
b. Paid In
1. A letter from Ceredigion County Council regarding a suitable Maes for the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol for 2020.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
No A150808 Rheidol Hydro at Tyncornel. The Council suggested that slate roofing and stone facing would be more appropriate because of the environmental setting.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee.
Meeting on the 18th January.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Increase numbers in key stage 1 can justify another teaching assistant..
1. Nothing at present.
14. Any other matter
14.1 The Council were informed that the footpath by Gilfach/Bronberllan is blocked.
14.2 The Council were informed that the W.I. will be having an open meeting on 20th January on Dementia Friendly awareness.
14.3 The Council were told that the Bottle Bank is full.
14.4 There is a house empty at Hyfrydle.
14.5 The Council were asked to consider closing the road for a around 20 mins on Boxing Day whilst the Hunt is on the square
Date of next meeting 14th March 2016
Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Cymraeg