Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 9th October 2017 at the Community Centre
Councillors Rhodri Evans (Chairman), M Eirwen James (Vice-Chair) Emanuel Kincaid, John L. Griffiths, Caryl H Jones, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Lynet Pugh, Enfys H. Davies, Beth Anthony, Lisa Jones.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Beth Anthony and seconded by Cllr Caryl Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 11th September 2017.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. Councillor Rhodri Evans has raised our concerns with Ceredigion County Council regarding the stone on Pont Llanio bridge being the wrong one, but Ceredigion insist it’s the same one they took away.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. Review parking instructions (a letter to be sent to Ceredigion that we want yellow lines by Bryncynon to be included in the traffic regulation order).
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
A meeting was held on 19th September. It was agreed that the money should be retained by the Community Council. A new rota and checklist has been written up and a refresher evening will be held in November.
6.6 Street Lights
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £13,862.84
a. Authorising Payments.
Wales Audit £ 231.75
British Legion £ 290.00
D. Benjamin payment for grass cutting £3,834.00
b. Paid In
Wreaths £ 100.00
1. A notice for Hamdden Caron Leisure introducing the latest news on Tregaron Leisure Centre. Meeting to be held on Mon 16th October at 7.30 p.m. in Tregaron.
All Councillors attended a meeting at Tregaron Hall regarding The Code Of Conduct held by Ceredigion County Council so that we would all understand the procedure.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
We were informed that Bronwen Morgan has retired and Eifion Evans has been given the post.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
We were informed that a Christmas fair would be held in the hall on 10th December. The small room will be changed into a changing room as well as being able to still hold meetings there.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
1. We were asked if the hedge could be trimmed back inside the Cemetery down by the School as it had overgrown. Dilwyn Benjamin was asked to cut it back.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council were told of hedge overgrown opposite Bear House. Cllr Rhodri Evans will speak to the owner.
2. Tree overhanging on the Pontllanio Road needs cutting back.
3. It has been decided this year to hold a Best decorated House and Best decorated Business for the Parish of LLanddewi Brefi over the Christmas festivities. Entries to the Shop or the Clerk by 1st December so that they can be judged on 9th and 10th of December and the winner will be announced on the 11th December at the Christmas Tree light switch on.
Date of next meeting 13th November 2017
This page is also available in: Welsh