Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 9th January 2017 at the Community Centre
Councillors Dafydd Lloyd-Jones (Chairman), Eirwen James (Vice-Chairman), Emanuel Kincaid, Maria Tofani, Rhodri Evans, John L Griffiths Caryl Haf Jones, Gwynne Davies, Lisa Jones.
1. Councillor Ann Jones apologised for her inability to attend.
The Council congratulated Cllr Gwynne Davies and Lynda Western on their Marriage. We also congratulated Cllr Dafydd Lloyd Jones and Delyth on becoming Grandparents again.
3. Declaration of Interest
Cllr Emmanuel Kincaid declared interest on request for a donation from Ras Gwyl Dewi 10K.
On the proposition of Councillor Emanuel Kincaid and seconded by Cllr John Ll Griffiths the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 12th December 2016.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. Councillors decided to keep the precept the same as last year £8,000.00
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
6.1.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
The Council approved the cost.
6.3 Car Park By-laws.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.5 Standing Orders.
6.6 Financial Regulations.
The defibrillator is now registered. Meeting of the steering group will be held on Wed 18th Jan.
7. Financial Report
A request for £8,000.00 precept for 2017/18.
Current Account £ 87.50
Business Res A/c £9,311.19
a. Authorising Payments.
Ras Gwyl Dewi £100.00
Mr Calvin Davies Xmas Tree Lights £ 40.00
Mr Dafydd Lloyd-Jones £ 40.00
Audit Commissioners £ 208.00
b. Paid In
1. A request from Ras Gwyl Dewi 10k for a donation of £100 towards the cost of running the race. The Council decided to donate £100. Cllr Emanuel Kincaid declared interest.
Cllr Dafydd Lloyd-Jones and Cllr Eirwen James attended a meeting with Cylch Caron Project should start in March or May and it looks promising.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
1. The Council discussed the new format for the tenders and it was decided the tenders will be available in Llanddewi Brefi shop in envelopes and the return date will be 5p.m. on 10th March.
2. Also the Council discussed getting a grant for the monument in the cemetery and to talk to Sue Ryder regarding this before the next meeting.
14. Any other matter
1. The Council have been informed that there are paper towels and toilet rolls thrown into peoples gardens from the village toilets.
2. The Council were informed that Vestry wall has been damaged.
3. The Council have decided to make enquiries regarding getting the street lights back on.
4. The footpath from Pebyll to Rhiw Quar is very muddy.
5. There is a lot of dog mess on the path by the vicarage. Cllr Rhodri Evans will look into the cost of having dog fouling bins.
6. The Council have asked the Chair and Vice-Chair to walk the footpath behind Ash Street
7. The Council were informed that there was broken glass on hall grounds and skate park.
8. The Christmas tree will be taken down tomorrow night and the Council have decided to get new lights for next year. Cllr Maria Tofani will look on line and get back to us.
Date of next meeting 13th February 2017
This page is also available in: Welsh