Mae’r Comisiwn Ffiniau a Democratiaeth Leol Cymru yn bwriadu cael gwared ar ein ward etholiadol bresennol Llangeitho a Llanddewi Brefi, ac uno Llanddewi Brefi a chymunedau o fewn y ward Llangybi presennol i ffurfio un ward etholiadol.
Os na dderbynnir unrhyw sylwadau, gallai’r cynnig drafft presennol yn cael ei gymeradwyo ym mis Medi 2018, fodd bynnag, mae’r Comisiwn yn cydnabod y gallai fod cyfuniadau eraill sy’n adlewyrchu cysylltiadau cymunedol yn well a byddant yn ystyried eich awgrymiadau.
Mae Cyngor Cymuned Llanddewi Brefi wedi paratoi gwybodaeth, sydd ar gael gan Siop Brefi, The New Inn a Foelallt Arms.
Am ragor o wybodaeth, gan gynnwys manylion y sylwadau a dderbyniwyd, gweler y ddolen ganlynol: Arolwg o’r trefniadau etholiadol ar gyfer – Sir Ceredigion
Dylid anfon pob sylw ar y cynigion drafft hyn at: Y Prif Weithredwr,
Comisiwn Ffiniau a Democratiaeth Leol Cymru, Tŷ Hastings,
Llys Fitzalan, Caerdydd. CF24 0BL.
Neu drwy’r e-bost at: firstname.lastname@example.org
heb fod yn hwyrach na 16 Ebrill 2018.
Lawrlwythwch ymateb y Cyngor Cymuned i’r ymgynghoriad
Ymateb y Cyngor Cymuned:
Mr. Owen Watkin
Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales
Dear Mr Watkin,
I’d like to draw your attention to some recently proposed recommendations regarding the boundaries of local electoral wards.
Llanddewi Brefi Community Council do not agree with the proposal for the following reasons:-
- Llanddewi Brefi community encompasses a large remote rural area – part of the former Tregaron and Uplands Communities
First area. The current proposal would reduce the number of representatives for 4 distinct geographical areas to 3, which could be considered to weaken the local voice. The comparative lack of community ties to the existing Llangybi ward would mean that future electoral candidates from that ward would be unlikely to be as familiar with the local area or its school, and it may not be feasible to ensure equality of representation for Llanddewi Brefi.
- Under the current Local Development Plan, Llanddewi Brefi and Llangeitho are both linked settlements to the nearest town and Rural Service Centre(RSC) of Tregaron, whereas settlements in all other communities of the proposed Llangybi and Llanddewi Brefi ward are linked to the Urban Service Centre of Lampeter.
- Llanddewi Brefi and Llangeitho communities both lie within the catchment area of Ysgol Henry Richard, Tregaron and Llanddewi Brefi primary school was amalgamated with Ysgol Henry Richard as part of the recent reorganisation of schools in the Tregaron area.
- Settlements in most other communities of the proposed Llangybi and Llanddewi Brefi ward are within the catchment area of Ysgol Bro Pedr. Ysgol y Dderi is considered a ‘feeder school’ for Ysgol Bro Pedr.
Under present arrangements, a County Councillor for the proposed ward would not be able to serve on the governing body of more than two schools and would be expected to be a Governor for Ysgol Bro Pedr and Ysgol y Dderi. The current proposal would then result in no local member representative for Llanddewi Brefi on the governing body of Ysgol Henry Richard.
- Llanddewi Brefi’s community ties, geographical and economic could be considered to be more aligned with Tregaron. However, any arrangements that might combine these communities, and improve the distribution of electorate, would require further revision of proposals for surrounding wards. Since it may be impracticable for this to be considered at this stage Llanddewi Brefi recommends that Llanddewi Brefi would be best served and represented by the existing ward of Llangeitho.
Mrs E. M .Davies (Clerk Llanddewi Brefi Community Council)
Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Saesneg