Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 8th October 2018 at the Community Centre
Councillors Emmanuel Kincaid (Chairman), JohnLl Griffiths(Vice-Chiarman), Eirwen James, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Beth Anthony, Rhodri Evans, Caryl Haf Jones , Lisa Jones, Enfys H Davies, Lynet Pugh.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Eirwen James and seconded by Cllr Dafydd Lloyd-Jones the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 10th September 2018.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. One Tender was received to repair the Bus Shelter. The Council agreed to it and the work to commence during school half term which is last week in October as the school children will be on holidays and not using it.
Also there was one Car Park tender which was agreed.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
c. New Grit Bins. An assessment will be made in September.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Need to register.
6.4 The Pound Garden
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 92.05
Business Res A/c £ 8,811.01
a. Authorising Payments.
Poppy Appeal for wreaths ………………………………..£ 290.00
b. Paid In
Mr T.E.Jones Burial … ………………………………… £860.00
Sales of Llanddewi Brefi footpaths Booklet ……………£ 30.00
1. An E mail was received regarding trees hanging over the footpath behind Cysgod Y Llan and they were a danger to walkers and householders. The Council decided to contact Ceredigion regarding this matter.
2. Correspondence back from the Auditors passing the Audit for 2017/18.
Some Councillors attended the National Eisteddfod meeting held at Aberaeron.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
We were informed that the Cabinet paper regarding the yellow lines has been pushed forward to the 6th November and there have been objections during the consultation period objecting to the yellow lines.
The Gritting matrix has been looked at and 3 small roads have been added to the list.
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
There is a Xmas Fair being held on the 9th December.
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
Christingle will be held on Dec 11th in Llanddewi Brefi.
Inaccuracy in the minutes for 11/06/18 has been brought to our attention.
Although it was not inaccurate to note at that time that a meeting had been arranged, the note of those present at the meeting on the 12/06/18 should correctly have been the subject of separate minutes. The Davies family was represented by Mr D. E. Davies.
14. Any other matter
1 The Armistace Day service will be held as usual by the War Memorial.
2. Carol singing will be held on 20th December.
3. Hedges opposite Y Felin need cutting back.
4. Christmas Tree to be placed on the square on Friday 7th December.
5. Best Xmas Decorated Business or House competition will be held again this year with Mr.& Mrs Tofani judging. Entries to be in by 9th December to Shop Brefi and an announcement will be made on the 11th December when switching on the lights on the square. The Prize will be a Hamper.
6. It was decided to hold our Christmas dinner at the New Inn on Dec 8th.
7. It was resolved to ask Gogerddan Hunt to make a show on the square on Boxing day as usual.
8. The Church Sunday School will be holding their Christingle on the 17th December.
Date of next meeting 12th November 2018
This page is also available in: English