Minutes of the Community Council Meeting held on 8th January 2018 at the Community Centre
Councillors Rhodri Evans (Chairman), Emanuel Kincaid, John L. Griffiths, Dafydd Lloyd-Jones, Beth Anthony, Lisa Jones.
Cllrs Caryl Haf Jones, Lynet Pugh, Enfys H Davies, and Eirwen James apologised for their inability to attend.
The Council offered their condolences to Cllr Lynet Pugh on the passing away of her father and to Cllr Caryl Jones on the passing away of her mother.
The Council congratulated all the people who entered in the Christmas lights competition in the village. Mr. and Mrs Evan Jones Foelallt Farm were the judges and 1st price of a Food Hamper went to Mrs Ann Tofani Manyrafon,
The judges also gave Rhys and Angharad Jones Pistyll Gwyn Farm, and Dorian and Lynet a prize for decorating so well.
3. Declaration of Interest
On the proposition of Councillor Dafydd Loyd-Jones and seconded by Cllr Beth Anthony the Council authorised the Chairman to sign the minutes of Community Council meeting held on 4th December 2017.
5. Matters arising from the minutes
1. It was decided to amend minute 5.1 and add for safety reasons to ensure emergency vehicles access to Penstar.
2. It was decided that the winners of the Christmas Lights competition would be the judges this year.
We have been informed that the culvert by Abercoed has been cleaned due to several complaints to the Highway Department as its always flooded.
a. Road widening Pant and Nantdderwen.
b. Work to be done on Quar Road.
6.2 Tree and Boundary Maintenance.
a. Fencing right hand side of Pont Llanio Hill.
b. Tree on Pont Llanio Hill.
a. Nothing new.
6.4 The Pound Garden
6.6 Street Lights
The lights are now back on.
7. Financial Report
Current Account £ 100.00
Business Res A/c £ 10,599.39
a. Authorising Payments.
Beddfeini Hafod Burial and Burial of Ashes £510.00
Beddfeini Hafod Burial £400.00
Gogerddan Hunt £80.00
Mr Calvin Davies for the use of electricity Xmas lights £40.00
Mr Rhodri Evans use of Machinery £40.00
b. Paid In
Wreaths £ 25.00
1. Request for a donation from Ras Gwyl Dewi It was decided that £100 would be donated. Cllr Emanuel Kincaid declared interest.
Councillors attended Christmas concert for Ysgol Henry Richard Llanddewi Brefi campus, and also Prize evening at Ysgol Henry Richard Tregaron.
10. Matters arising from Ceredigion
11. Village Hall and Community Centre Trustees Committee
12. Ysgol Henry Richard 3-16
1. The new fees for the Cemetery are:
2. The tenders for the grass cutting to be in by 12th February 2018 and the tenders are for 2 years.
14. Any other matter
1. The Chairman is going to ask the owner of the hedge at the end of Heol y Gorwydd if he would cut the hedge back so that the pavement would be clear for pedestrians.
2. We were informed that there was damage done to Pont Goyan.
3. We were informed that there was a lot of water on the Quar Road.
Date of next meeting 12th February 2018
Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Saesneg